Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Cake!

Okay, normally, I wouldn't display this many pics on my blog of a birthday cake. But, in this case, I had to! I had this grand idea to make Jax's cake. I love arts and crafts. So, I thought I'd give it a whirl. My friend, Lisa, here in Austin assisted in this massive undertaking. While discussing our options in accomplishing this task, she assured me it would be 'easy'! Three hours of baking (each train cart is a different kind of cake) and seven hours of icing later, this was our final product! On Jax's invitations, this design was on the inside, so we copied it! I'll have to say that I was proud of us and it tasted good too! Lisa reminds me of Wade in her perfectionistic ways and Jaime Lee in her it'll be easy attitude, so she was a great partner for me.



5 comments:

Jenn said...

Kimberly, that cake is incredible!

Andrea said...

Hey, that cake is one of the best I've ever seen, no lie. Way to go friend, I am super impressed. Thanks for posting all the great pics.

jennifer lynn said...

i am totally impressed! that is so cute. i don't think i have the baking flair to accomplish that. :o)

Anonymous said...

kimberly - you've outdone yourself once again. it looks incredible.
i'm sure everyone loved it! i'm sooo late, but i have jax's gift...so i'll be sending it soon!
i cant believe how fast they're growing up.
Becky Abernathy

Staci said...

Kimberly, I found your blog through Derrick. LOVE this cake! I make cakes, too, so I know how time consuming it can be. But this looks like something you'd pay big bucks for in a bakery!!